Medical Orthopedic Boot For Broken Foot
The medical orthopedic boot is used to help you recover from a broken foot or ankle. Other terms often used are cam walker, fracture boot, cam boot or orthopedic boot. CAM stands for controlled ankle movement. It is used as a cast alternative and a transition from the walking cast after you suffer from a foot or ankle injury. There are three types of cam walkers and each is different based upon your particular injury. The adjustable inflated boot has an air bladder that inflates and can provide needed compression to help reduce swelling. The non inflated boot is often used if you do not have swelling and is more economical. The range of motion or ROM walker is used if you need to set your ankle at a particular angle or allow a certain range of motion.
What are the different types of Orthopedic Medical Boots
There are three types of orthopedic medical boots and two heights:
- Non- Inflated Cam Boot - This type of med boot is often used when you do not have much swelling.
- Inflated Cam Boot - This boot has a pneumatic bladder that helps provide needed compression for swelling.
- ROM Boot - This type of boot provides a locking mechanism that may be needed to lock the ankle at a certain degree of bend or permit a set range of motion.
- Short Cam boots - Short fracture boots are recommended for foot fractures, post-op foot surgeries, and other sprains of the foot or ankle.
- Tall Cam boots - Tall fracture boots are often used for fractures of the lower leg, ankle sprains, stable fractures of the ankle and foot, sprains of the lower leg, and post-op surgeries.
Non-Inflated Cam Walker
Cam Walker -Basic support -Foam liner -Economical price -Best slight swelling Use: Leg, Foot, or Ankle -Ankle Fixed at 90º
Air Cast Cam Boot
Cam Walker -Provides added support. -Increased comfort -Premium Materials -Best if swelling present -Helps provide compression -Ankle Fixed at 90º
ROM Cam Walker
ROM Walker -Use when ankle or foot needs fixed at a certain angle. -Used for specific injury types. -Range of motion allows plantar and dorsal flexion. ±45º
In Stock. Free Shipping.